Re: [exim] Filtering spam bounces

Author: Alastair Campbell
To: jh
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Filtering spam bounces
Jakob Hirsch wrote:
>> Jacob's suggestion was for acl_check_rcpt:
>     ^ <harrumph> :)

Oops, sorry! I get that a lot myself, very annoying :(

> So you have your "normal" addresses in this file and this wildcard entry
> at the end? Then you can use this:
>
> ! local_parts = lsearch;/etc/mail/virtual/domain.com
> (as opposed to the "lsearch*" you are likely using in some redirect router)

Excellent :)

Now, um, which file is that in? Just grepping for lsearch in the routers
directory, this looks like the right file, but it doesn't look like I
can just replace the line:

File: 350_exim4-config_vdom_aliases.
----
vdom_aliases:
       driver = redirect
       allow_defer
       allow_fail
       domains = dsearch;/etc/mail/virtual
       data =
${expand:${lookup{$local_part}lsearch*@{/etc/mail/virtual/$domain}}}
       retry_use_local_part
       pipe_transport   = address_pipe
       file_transport   = address_file
       no_more
----

The other possibility is 150_exim4-config_hubbed_hosts:
----
hubbed_hosts:
   debug_print = "R: hubbed_hosts for $domain"
   driver = manualroute
   domains = "${if exists{CONFDIR/hubbed_hosts}\
                    {partial-lsearch;CONFDIR/hubbed_hosts}\
               fail}"
   route_data = ${lookup{$domain}partial-lsearch{CONFDIR/hubbed_hosts}}
   transport = remote_smtp
----

Oh, or it could be 400_exim4-config_system_aliases:
----
system_aliases:
debug_print = "R: system_aliases for $local_part@$domain"
driver = redirect
domains = +local_domains
allow_fail
allow_defer
data = ${lookup{$local_part}lsearch{/etc/aliases}}
.ifdef SYSTEM_ALIASES_USER
user = SYSTEM_ALIASES_USER
.endif
.ifdef SYSTEM_ALIASES_GROUP
group = SYSTEM_ALIASES_GROUP
.endif
.ifdef SYSTEM_ALIASES_FILE_TRANSPORT
file_transport = SYSTEM_ALIASES_FILE_TRANSPORT
.endif
.ifdef SYSTEM_ALIASES_PIPE_TRANSPORT
pipe_transport = SYSTEM_ALIASES_PIPE_TRANSPORT
.endif
.ifdef SYSTEM_ALIASES_DIRECTORY_TRANSPORT
directory_transport = SYSTEM_ALIASES_DIRECTORY_TRANSPORT
.endif
----
Although that last one is just system aliases, not user/domain
addresses, so I'd guess it's not that.

Thanks for all your help, I thought there must be a good answer, just no
idea where to look!

-Alastair