Re: [exim] Filtering spam bounces

Author: Jakob Hirsch
To: Alastair Campbell
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Filtering spam bounces
Alastair Campbell wrote:

>> So you have your "normal" addresses in this file and this wildcard
>> entry at the end? Then you can use this:
>>
>> ! local_parts = lsearch;/etc/mail/virtual/domain.com
> Now, um, which file is that in? Just grepping for lsearch in the routers

The same as before, where your rcpt acl is. Just replace the line where
you listed local_parts explicitely, in the ACL stanza I posted.

> driver = redirect
> data =
> ${expand:${lookup{$local_part}lsearch*@{/etc/mail/virtual/$domain}}}

Surely none of these, if you want to keep your catchall.

It's the difference that make this setup do what you want:
- in ACLs: lsearch without wildcard, so bounces are only allowed to
explicitely listed addresses
- in routers: lsearch with wildcard, so catchall is done for mail that is
allowed by the ACLs

I hope it's a little clearer now. I know Exim's config concept can
confusing at the beginning. :)