[exim] suppress pipe close at "\n.\n"?

Author: Marilyn Davis
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] suppress pipe close at "\n.\n"?
Hello Exim Experts,

I'm making an application that pipes to exim for a redelivery.

And, today I have an email message that breaks my code because exim
closes the pipe when it sees "\n.\n".

The area of the message looks like:

> **********************************************************<br>
> Una vasta respuesta social en M=E9xico y otras partes del mundo ocurri=F3 ho=
> all=ED, donde los medios masivos de comunicaci=F3n no miran ni quieren mirar=
> .
> Un alud de protestas y movilizaciones ha seguido a la brutal incursi=F3n de
> la polic=EDa mexiquense (o sea estatal, con una bendici=F3n federal
> extraviada en sus eufemismos) sobre la poblaci=F3n de San Salvador Atenco.

I googled a bit for some hint but I really don't know what to look
for.

Is there some way to suppress the pipe closing at a dot? Or do I
check messages for "\n.\n" and change the message? That seems
heavy-handed but I see from my googling that mailman does that.

Exim delivered the mail in the first place, reading the message off
smtp. "\n.\n" doesn't stop smtp, I take it?

And it seems to me that the 2 lines:

> all=ED, donde los medios masivos de comunicaci=F3n no miran ni quieren mirar=
> .

make sense as:

> all=ED, donde los medios masivos de comunicaci=F3n no miran ni quieren mirar.

but I can't assume that, can I?

What is going on here or what should I be looking up?

Thank you for any help you can give.

Marilyn Davis