Re: [exim] WHOIS data lookup

Author: Eli
To: 'Marc Perkel', exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] WHOIS data lookup
Marc Perkel wrote:
> Is there any kind of a fast database sumewhere (doesn't have
> to be live) where whois data can be looked up fast? I want to
> be able to pipe a bunch of domains (spammers) into something
> and return the owners. I'm figuring out that this might be a
> very powerful way to ID spam.

Is there anything you've figured out on your own recently?

On a nicer note, the answer is no - or at least not one you'd want to use.
Domain names are constantly being registered, and if you relied on a
database you could query that held *all* answers, it would be horribly out
of date.

... And I don't see how this could help you identify spam in the least. The
only information this holds that you can't get through DNS is the domain
registrants contact information.

Eli.