Re: [exim] Very bizzare Exim related problem

Author: Marc Perkel
To: Adrian Phillips
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Very bizzare Exim related problem

Adrian Phillips wrote:

>     Marc> not a new Linksys router either. I'm not sure that I can put
>     Marc> the Linux box outside the Linksys since this is a home
>     Marc> service and I have only one IP address. Why do you recommend
>     Marc> as a more powerful home router?

> What I managed to do with my Netopia router, after googling, was
> disable most of the NAT/DHCP handling so my Linux firewall was passed
> the DHCP packets from the ISP and thus took over the dynamic address
> instead of the router. This firewall then handles NATing which I found
> the Netopia router to be rather limited. Whether this is possible with
> your Linksys you'll have to google around and see.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Adrian Phillips

Well - I solved the problem. Bought a linksys RV082 and the problems are
gone. I guess the home linksys just didn't have the capacity to handle
the load. And this new router has 100mb connection on the Wab side and I
think the cablemodem can go over 10mb at times. The curse of having a
really good cable provider.