Re: [exim] Very loosely Exim related! - Need help reading he…

Author: Gareth Hastings
To: exim-users
CC: Matthew Newton
Subject: Re: [exim] Very loosely Exim related! - Need help reading headers please
> Do any of the To: or Cc: headers contain the string "IMB Recipient" in
> them? If so it's a bug in Microsoft (a bug?!?! never!) Exchange
> Small Business Server 2003 POP-3 Connector.

Yup I found this

"IMB Recipient 1137" <mspop3connector.sconway@???>

> Admission of guilt and patch here:
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=835734
>
> Unfortunately there's not a lot you can do about it, apart from
> try and work out which recipient uses SBS2003, and ask them to
> patch it. Yes, we've been hit with the same thing. (If two sites
> have SBS2003 the mail can actually get in a loop, and everyone
> receives a new copy every 10 minutes or so; now _that's_ a fun
> situation to not be in control of...)

This seems to be happening right now. People have been complaining that
they are receiving this email every 10-15 minutes. The only time they
didn't receive it was for a period of about 4 hours from 11pm->3am!

Thank you very much Matthew, I shall attempt to contact the owners of
the above domain.