Re: [exim] Very loosely Exim related! - Need help reading he…

Author: Matthew Newton
To: Gareth Hastings
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Very loosely Exim related! - Need help reading headers please
Hi,

On Wed, May 03, 2006 at 04:25:19PM +0100, Gareth Hastings wrote:
> The thing that gets even weirder is that I've spoken to a couple of very
> annoyed customers and managed to get them to forward back the headers of
> their emails. Our company's mail servers do not appear anywhere in the
> headers. I've spoken to 4 different people and all 4 sets of headers
> look similar. Sometimes it appears as though duplicate headers have been

Do any of the To: or Cc: headers contain the string "IMB Recipient" in
them? If so it's a bug in Microsoft (a bug?!?! never!) Exchange
Small Business Server 2003 POP-3 Connector.

Admission of guilt and patch here:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=835734

Unfortunately there's not a lot you can do about it, apart from
try and work out which recipient uses SBS2003, and ask them to
patch it. Yes, we've been hit with the same thing. (If two sites
have SBS2003 the mail can actually get in a loop, and everyone
receives a new copy every 10 minutes or so; now _that's_ a fun
situation to not be in control of...)

Matthew

--
Matthew Newton <mcn4@???>

UNIX and e-mail Systems Administrator, Network Support Section,
Computer Centre, University of Leicester,
Leicester LE1 7RH, United Kingdom