Re: [exim] Very loosely Exim related! - Need help reading he…

Author: Graeme Fowler
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Very loosely Exim related! - Need help reading headersplease
On Wed, 2006-05-03 at 18:23 +0100, Matthew Newton wrote:
> Unfortunately there's not a lot you can do about it, apart from
> try and work out which recipient uses SBS2003, and ask them to
> patch it. Yes, we've been hit with the same thing. (If two sites
> have SBS2003 the mail can actually get in a loop, and everyone
> receives a new copy every 10 minutes or so; now _that's_ a fun
> situation to not be in control of...)

Hence my "share your pain" comment earlier on. In a previous role I saw
at least three identically (mis)configured machines [0] external to my
control effectively take over a mailing list.

[0] even down to the formation of their internal domain names, which
were not RFC compliant as they didn't include a TLD when they sent their
HELO string. Sadly their ISP smarthost didn't drop the mail on the
floor...

Between them they amplified a single message enormously. Very painful
for all concerned, especially the recipients.

Graeme