[exim] Exim authentication and user checking

Author: Theo de Morée
To: exim-users
New-Topics: [exim] expanding domain lists to log file
Subject: [exim] Exim authentication and user checking
Hi,

I'm having some problems configuring Exim the way I want. I'm setting up a
mailserver for several virtual domains that users can either use with
webmail or with external tools like Outlook.

Basically what I'm trying to achieve is the following:
- Authentication always required. Right now anyone can connect and use the
SMTP server. I want people to login using local server accounts.
- Users can only send mail from mail address that belong to them. Right now
I can choose any mail address I want and it works. I have a file for every
virtual domain which says what mail address belongs to which local user
account.

Users should be able to send to any mail address if these two rules are
followed.

Can anyone here point me in the right direction, or perhaps share part of
their configuration with me if it does the two things above?

Thanks!
Theo de Moree