Re: [exim] Maildir Quota excluding Trash folder.

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Derek Listmail Acct
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Maildir Quota excluding Trash folder.
On Wed, 19 Apr 2006, Derek Listmail Acct wrote:

> Exim is noticing the 'maildirfolder' file in the .Trash folder and then
> incrementing the maildirsize file in the parent directory.
>
> The main problem is that by incrementing the maildirsize file when
> delivering to the .Trash folder the maildirsize file gets out of sync with
> the actual size of the Maildir. This is because the IMAP daemon doesn't
> decrement the maildirsize file when a message is removed from the .Trash
> folder because it believes the .Trash folder is exempt from quota
> calculation.

This bug has occurred because I never considered the possibility of
delivering into anything other than the new folder; I hadn't thought of
direct delivery into subfolders. (I'm very unimaginative at times.) Exim
was using the maildir_quota_directory_regex to exclude .Trash only when
it was adding up the size of a mailbox. It was not using it when doing a
delivery. Thus, the size of a new message was always added to the
maildirsize file.

I have modified Exim so that it checks whether a delivery is into a
directory that matches maildir_quota_directory_regex. If not, the
delivery is exempted from all quota calculations. I hope this will fix
the problem.

The code has been committed to the CVS and should therefore be in
tonight's snapshot, as well as ultimately in the next Exim release.

Philip

--
Philip Hazel, University of Cambridge Computing Service.