Re: [exim] Maildir Quota excluding Trash folder.

Author: Daniel Tiefnig
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Maildir Quota excluding Trash folder.
Philip Hazel wrote:
> How is this happening? I thought that maildir deliveries always went
> into the cur directory? Oh, it's going into .Trash/cur? Aarrgghh!!

Heh. :o)
I'm using this over here to deliver into Junkmail folders, the directory
option in my appendfile transport reads something like:

directory = ${lookup mysql{SELECT maildir ...}}\
            ${if def:h_X-Spam:{/.Junk}{}}

> which explains why it doesn't work as you expect; it is looking at a
> different directory level.
>
> Are there any maildir experts reading this who would like to comment?
> I am not a maildir person.

Neither am I, but this doesn't only affect
maildir_quota_directory_regex, but quota calculation as a whole. When
delivering into .Junk, Mails outside this Folder would be "ignored" by
exim. That's an issue I didn't think off. :o(
The problem in that case sits between computer and chair, but is there
anything we can do about it? A separate sub-directory option could do
the trick for me. :o)

lg,
daniel