Re: [exim] Maildir Quota excluding Trash folder.

Author: W B Hacker
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Maildir Quota excluding Trash folder.
Derek Listmail Acct wrote:

> On Wed, April 19, 2006 2:54 am, Philip Hazel wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 19 Apr 2006, Derek Listmail Acct wrote:

*trim*

>>>The Trash folder on the file system begins with a period. ie,
>>>"Maildir/.Trash"

Have a look at the fs from the CLI to be sure.

Courier-IMAP and Dovecot, just to name two, [1] put that folder
in different places, and/or in more than one place, i.e.:

~/Maildir/Trash

~/Maildir/.Trash

~/Maildir/.INBOX/.Trash

(or both the first and last, on one of my systems)

- etc.

lynx ~/Maildir is handy, as sometimes you are looking at the
actual folder that holds the trash, other times at the *index*
that points to what is considered trash.

That index will usually show a fixed size of 512, so isn't much
'direct' help in checking quotas. Your test script would have
to be able to read and understand it.

Largely out of the hands of Exim itself, especially if a user
has done an override to the IMAP daemon's defaults in order to
make for better compatibility with a non-mainstream Webmail client.

As we do. Hence the heads-up.

HTH,

Bill

[1] Dovecot documents their different behaviour vs Courier.