Re: [exim] Maildir Quota excluding Trash folder.

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Derek Listmail Acct
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Maildir Quota excluding Trash folder.
On Wed, 19 Apr 2006, Derek Listmail Acct wrote:

> Here is the debug output (or the part I think your interested in)... I
> don't see anything wrong, but I don't really know what I'm looking for
> either...
>
> ensuring maildir directories exist in
> /var/mail/oversimplified.com/listmail/Maildir/.Trash/
> using regex for maildir directory selection: ^(?:cur|new|\.(?!Trash).*)$
> looking for maildirsize in /var/mail/oversimplified.com/listmail/Maildir
> reading quota parameters from maildirsize data
> computing maildir size from maildirsize data
> returning maildir size=804172293 filecount=156422
> delivering in maildir format in
> /var/mail/oversimplified.com/listmail/Maildir/.Trash/
> writing to file tmp/1145437057.H219617P14928.mail.oversimplified.com
> writing data block fd=9 size=2690 timeout=0
> added '2690 1' to maildirsize file
> renaming temporary file

Doesn't really help, as it is not computing the mailbox size from
scratch. It is taking it from the existing maildirsize file.

Ah! But then it's *delivering* to .Trash. OK, that's a twist that wasn't
considered. The setting of maildir_quota_directory_regex is used only
when Exim is computing the size of the mailbox by adding up the sizes of
all the files. I guess it should also be consulted when Exim is actually
delivering a message - but ...

How is this happening? I thought that maildir deliveries always went
into the cur directory? Oh, it's going into .Trash/cur? Aarrgghh!!
What is the configuration of your transport?

The maildir_quota_directory_regex is relative to "the maildir
directory", which, it seems in your case is

/var/mail/oversimplified.com/listmail/Maildir/.Trash/

which explains why it doesn't work as you expect; it is looking at a
different directory level.

Are there any maildir experts reading this who would like to comment? I
am not a maildir person.