Re: [exim] Tools for SQL export to CDB

Author: David Saez Padros
To: W B Hacker
CC: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Tools for SQL export to CDB
Hi !!

>> cdb is optimised for write-once, lookup-many - and cdbmake provides
>> atomic rebuilds.
>
> ACK. But - given a 'whole cloth' approach, it is a (relatively) trivial
> exercise to accomplish the same functionality by any of several means.
>
> I've just compiled the pure-db libs, and am looking at others.
>
> I want to deliver a 'set' of structured objects - each optimized for the
> type of data stored, such as:
>
> IP:white/black,

we use here a cdb database for white/black listing that is rebuilt every
5 minutes from a mysql database (with more than 4 million ip addresses),
in our case the cdb read speed compensates the databse rebuild every 5
minutes. Of course this maybe even better using some dbm like database
but we don't have tried it yet. For other purposes where data is updated
from time to time is even better (username/passwords, etc ...)

> ...to Exim that it already knows how to read, but not have to carry any
> of the related DJB 'specialties' with it.
>
> Daemontools, for example, which seems to ship with all his code, may
> even be at work in his 'fridge. That critter is a RBK to hunt down,
> dis-entangle, and rm.

daemontools is not need at all to have cdbmake working.

--
Best regards ...

    On-Line Services 2000 S.L.       e-mail  david@???
    Pintor Vayreda 1                 telf    +34 902 50 29 75
    08184 Palau-Solita i Plegamans   movil   +34 670 35 27 53