Re: [exim] 4.61 documentation not yet on website

Author: John W. Baxter
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] 4.61 documentation not yet on website
On 4/17/06 4:50 AM, "Marc Sherman" <msherman@???> wrote:

> Andreas Metzler wrote:
>> Hello,
>> the webpage still only contains the 4.60 docs.
>>
>> :~$ w3m -dump_head
>> http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.61/doc/html/spec.html/index.html
>> HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
>> [...]
>
> Docs are only ever updated and published for releases ending in 0; point
> releases between doc updates use the previous doc release with changes
> in the NewStuff file. In your debian packages, that's
> /usr/share/doc/exim4-base/NewStuff.
>
> Philip and Nigel, it might be a good idea to be explicit about this
> policy on http://exim.org/docs.html, and possibly to include links to
> the NewStuff file for the most recent point release there, as well.

Actually, 4.61 is either the exception which proves that rule, or the start
of a new policy. (I'm not sure whether Philip has decided which. This set
of new docs resulted from problems with the 4.60 docs.)

From the top of the 4.61 spec.txt:

|Revision 4.61                      |22 March 2006                      |PH

The other revised docs are on the FTP site, including the HTML.

There is still language on the Web site about 4.60 being the current
version. I suspect that when Nigel has time to adjust that, the rest will
fall into place.

--John