Re: [exim] Tools for SQL export to CDB

Author: W B Hacker
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Tools for SQL export to CDB
Peter Bowyer wrote:
> On 17/04/06, David Saez Padros <david@???> wrote:
>
>>the best option is just open a pipe to cdbmake and pass the ascii data
>>to it ( see http://cr.yp.to/cdb/cdbmake.html ), you will have to
>>recreate the whole table every time. As far as i know is not
>>a good idea to modify the structure of an already created cdb database
>>as (your have the specs at http://cr.yp.to/cdb/cdb.txt )
>

> Indeed it's not -

ACK. Well documented and understood.

> if you need to update, use some form of dbm instead.
> cdb is optimised for write-once, lookup-many - and cdbmake provides
> atomic rebuilds.

ACK. But - given a 'whole cloth' approach, it is a (relatively)
trivial exercise to accomplish the same functionality by any of
several means.

I've just compiled the pure-db libs, and am looking at others.

I want to deliver a 'set' of structured objects - each optimized
for the type of data stored, such as:

IP:white/black,

REGEXP:white/black,

UID:PWD(s),

UID [Domain]:prefs

...to Exim that it already knows how to read, but not have to
carry any of the related DJB 'specialties' with it.

Daemontools, for example, which seems to ship with all his code,
may even be at work in his 'fridge. That critter is a RBK to
hunt down, dis-entangle, and rm.

> One of djb's better inventions (IMNAAHO).
>
> Peter

ACK. It is a math/logic/mapping exercise, and that is his forte.