[exim] Re: negation is not allowed with "acl"

Author: W B Hacker
To: exim users
Subject: [exim] Re: negation is not allowed with "acl"
Marc Haber wrote:

> Debian uses a sub-ACL to exclude sender e-mail addresses and sender IP
> addresses from a number of ACL checks, and the notation of "!acl" has
> been a convenient and intuitive way of specifying this behavior.

Wasn't aware of that capability. Do see the value.

> If it were my decision, I'd like to have that feature back. If that's
> not possible for some reason, how am I supposed to implement the
> whitelist now?

Any of the several ways used by those of use who did not know
one could negate an acl in the first place?

Samples if you need 'em, but I suspect you know more of the
tricks than I do already.

OTOH - if possible, having negation (return to) being as
'universal' and orthogonal as it can be would also be handy.

Bill