[exim] FreeBSD pipe_transport_setup build failure

Author: Oliver Heesakkers
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] FreeBSD pipe_transport_setup build failure
Hi,

I downloaded the new Exim-4.61.tar.gz to three of my FreeBSD-systems
(5.3, 5.4 and 6.0, all RELEASE and up to date).

All three of them fail the build at this point:

[code]
gcc -o exim
transports/transports.a(pipe.o)(.text+0x33): In function
`pipe_transport_setup':
: undefined reference to `login_getpwclass'
transports/transports.a(pipe.o)(.text+0x41): In function
`pipe_transport_setup':
: undefined reference to `setclassresources'
transports/transports.a(pipe.o)(.text+0x49): In function
`pipe_transport_setup':
: undefined reference to `login_close'
*** Error code 1
[/code]

In the dev-mailinglist I found mention of such an error at the release
of the RC-1 for Exim-4.61. One solution offered was to add "-lutil" to
"LIBS=" in OS/Makefile-FreeBSD. This did not solve my problem. In
another post Kirill mentions that something in my environment is broken.
What would be broken and how to fix it remains unclear to me unfortunately.

If needed you can view all the options I have active in my
Local/Makefile here:
http://www.ohos.nl/EximMakefile.txt

I would greatly appreciate any help you can offer solving this
buildproblem for me.

Regards, Oliver