Re: [exim] +ignore_unknown and dns defers

Author: xyon
To: David Saez Padros
CC: EXIM mailing list
Subject: Re: [exim] +ignore_unknown and dns defers
I'm not positive this will help you, but it seems to address your issue.

My company has issues resolving some dns names as well. What they asked me
to do is have a static name -> ip table for typically problem domains. You
may want to do this, but in opposite order, so if dns fails, a backup
static table is looked up. Below is a snippet of my config. Maybe you
could put the lookuphostdns first, without a 'no_more', and then the
lookuphostdb second (with 'no_more').

begin routers

lookuphostdb:
driver = manualroute
transport = remote_smtp
route_data = ${lookup mysql{STATIC_DOMAINS}}

lookuphostdns:
driver = dnslookup
domains = ! +local_domains
transport = remote_smtp
no_more

begin transports

remote_smtp:
driver = smtp
hosts_require_tls = +relay_from_hosts

The MySQL lookup basically returns something like this: "SELECT IP FROM
Relay_To WHERE Host='mydomain.com';
| IP       |

| 1.2.3.4 |

1 row in set (0.00 sec)