Re: [exim] +ignore_unknown and dns defers

Author: David Saez Padros
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] +ignore_unknown and dns defers
Hi !!

>>looks like some problem trying to resolve the hostname cioce.com
>>causes the whole acl check to defer with a 451 Temporary local problem
>>I suposed that the +ignore_unknown option will also make any lookup
>>defer to ignore the list item and proceed with the following one,
>>but the only way to avoid temporary reject that message forever is
>>to put that domain in dns_again_means_nonexist (which i don't like).
>
> Why do you want to accept messages from bogus domains?

mainly because my clients want to receive mail from that domain,
and anyway i do not want to temporary reject any mail because a
hostname that may or may not exist produces a dns defer, specially
when the acl check is just for informational purposes and i
specifically instruct exim to ignore unknown hosts.

In the other hand the reason why i accept or reject a message is
my decision, not of interest of this list (i supose) and does not
affect in any way the real solution to my problem.

The question is, why does not work +ignore_unknown ? why does it
make the whole condition to defer where it cannot find the
ip address of a host ?

--
Best regards ...

The dentist said my wisdom teeth were retarded.

    On-Line Services 2000 S.L.       e-mail  david@???
    Pintor Vayreda 1                 telf    +34 902 50 29 75
    08184 Palau-Solita i Plegamans   movil   +34 670 35 27 53