Re: [exim] +ignore_unknown and dns defers (2 part)

Author: Philip Hazel
CC: David Saez Padros
Subject: Re: [exim] +ignore_unknown and dns defers (2 part)
A short while ago, On Tue, 4 Apr 2006, I wrote:

> Is that the complete debug output? I cannot reproduce this effect when
> testing.

I think I have now discovered what the problem is. The option
dns_again_means_nonexist was applying to direct DNS lookups, but not
when Exim was using gethostbyname() (or equivalent). Thinking about
this, I've decided that in fact it *should* apply in that case because
temporary errors from gethostbyname() are almost certainly in fact to be
dns problems.

This will be changed in the forthcoming 4.61 release. I don't need any
more evidence now.

Philip

--
Philip Hazel, University of Cambridge Computing Service.