Re: [exim] Compile time problems

Autor: Doug Jolley
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Compile time problems
> you need to compile and install libspf2 before
> compiling exim

Thanks for the input. I really didn't mean to
create any friction here.

As just a general note, I did understand the need
for having libspf2 installed before compiling
Exim. The problem is/was that this is a CentOS
system and accordingly I installed libspf2 from
an RPM. Unfortunately, it turned out that the
RPM didn't have those header files. I have no
idea what's going on with that. Per your
suggestion, as soon as I got libspf2 *PROPERLY*
installed, it worked just fine. Even installing
libspf2 from the downloaded tarball seems to have
it's own set of problems. First, 'make check'
doesn't seem to work in that it reports false
errors. Secondly, there are a couple of header
files that 'make install' doesn't install
resulting in one having to unpack those from the
distribution tarball and install them manually.
Anyway, as soon as one gets over all the hurdles,
it works just fine. Thanks again for the input
and your patience.

      ... doug