Re: [exim] Compile time problems

Autor: David Saez Padros
A: David Woodhouse
CC: exim-users, Doug Jolley
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Compile time problems
Hi !!

> The question of whether it's been discussed before is irrelevant in this
> context, in my opinion. The mechanism of how to _build_ it has also been
> discussed before too -- so if we're going to be _strict_ about such
> things, we should have just told Doug to sod off and read the archives.

but there is a big difference, telling him how to compile spf support
will likely end the thread, but your answer will likely start again
a (probably large) discussion about spf (more noise to the list).

> It's just the same when naïve users ask how to set up SPF. I won't
> withhold the direct answer (which you'd already given in this case), but
> I'll _always_ point out the problems and advise them that they probably
> don't really want to do that.

yes, then everyone that thinks that you are wrong in many assumptions
will also like to show where you are wrong and thus start again the spf
discussion. Maybe it will be better to give Doug a link to a neutral
page that shows the pros and cons of spf rather that directing him to
your anti-spf page.

--
Best regards ...

    On-Line Services 2000 S.L.       e-mail  david@???
    Pintor Vayreda 1                 telf    +34 902 50 29 75
    08184 Palau-Solita i Plegamans   movil   +34 670 35 27 53