Re: [exim] Compile time problems

Autor: Nigel Metheringham
A: Doug Jolley
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Compile time problems
On Sun, 2006-04-02 at 09:17 -0700, Doug Jolley wrote:
> > you need to compile and install libspf2 before
> > compiling exim
>
> Thanks for the input. I really didn't mean to
> create any friction here.
>
> As just a general note, I did understand the need
> for having libspf2 installed before compiling
> Exim. The problem is/was that this is a CentOS
> system and accordingly I installed libspf2 from
> an RPM. Unfortunately, it turned out that the
> RPM didn't have those header files. I have no
> idea what's going on with that.

Install the -devel package associated with it - ie if the original
package was libspf2-....rpm, you need to install libspf2-devel-....rpm

Thats the standard Red Hat packaging method - run time stuff in the main
package, development related in the -devel package.

    Nigel.