[exim] Re: bounce messages and their potential misuse

Autor: Adam Funk
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [exim] Re: bounce messages and their potential misuse
On 2006-03-31, Steve Hill <steve@???> wrote:

> I think you should be sending your mail via your work's authenticated SMTP
> relay (and yes, I'm aware they probably don't run one :). This is a
> requirement anyway if your work published SPF records for the domain.

To do that I'd have to configure my home Exim to route mail
differently according to the From-address, and I'd have to store my
shell password unencrypted in exim.conf!

> This does of course also mean that you can't register a domain name via a
> 3rd-party registrar and send mail from that domain via your ISP's mail
> servers (since your ISP has no idea that you own that domain).

Isn't this one of the main reasons why a lot people say SPF stinks?