[exim] Could not complete sender verify callout

Author: wiseas
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Could not complete sender verify callout

Hi there,
I am new to exim so please excuse if it is a silly question. I am not
new to Linux or Network Administration in general.
I need a fast solution because I have a server where users can't
receive their e-mails. Any help is really really appreciate. :)

The server (FC4 + cpanel) runs exim 4.52
The configuration is standard, no special things. It wasn't configured
by me, but now I am in charge..:)
There are a lot of mails in exim_reject rejected with: Could not
complete sender verify callout
> 2006-03-26 04:11:54 H=(mail.xxx.com) [x.x.156.26] F=<xxxx@???>
> temporarily rejected RCPT <yyy@???>: Could not complete sender
> verify callout

There are also authentic domains (ex: mail.citigroup.com ) for which
emails are rejected.
I've read something about exim verifications and I understood how the
whole thing (callout verification) works: the server tries a smtp
connection with the sender server and if something goes wrong the
message is rejected. This is mainly because of wrong configured servers
and MX records. It I am wrong please correct me.

What I want to do, is to configure the server to exclude some domains
which are not spam-senders.
How can I accomplish that?
I've read about sender_verify, sender_verify_hosts *,
sender_verify_hosts_callback *, sender_verify_callback_domains !
*.some.domain :* but I don't know where in exim.conf to set them. When
I restart exim after I add these option I get an error:
> Starting exim-smtps: 2006-03-27 22:50:56 Exim configuration error in
> line 29 of /etc/exim.conf:
> main option "sender_verify_callback_domains" unknown

Please tell me how can I exclude some domains from this verification,
and where in exim.conf to add the new options.

Thanks for your help

--
wiseas
wiseas's Profile: http://www.exim-users.org/forums/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=102