Re: [exim] Exim rewrites Return-Path when it shouldn't

Author: Graeme Fowler
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim rewrites Return-Path when it shouldn't
On Mon, 2006-03-27 at 14:48 -0500, daniel wrote:
> Unfortunately, neither does mine:
>
> mainlog:2006-03-27 17:15:26 1FNvJO-000N7h-S8 <=
> "myusername@??? H=dquinn.cubearmy.com
> [192.168.0.148] P=esmtpsa X=TLSv1:AES256-SHA:256
> A=lookup_plain:myusername@??? S=899
> id=200603271215.25947.dquinn@???
>
> Where else could this problem be coming from?

Erm...

The incoming MAIL FROM: address - the bit immediately after the <= -
appears to be an email address in quotes, and Exim is therefore
appending a default domain to it (unless there's some weird rewrite
going on here to which we're not privy, as you haven't said whether or
not you have a rewrite section in your config).

Is your client sending a From: address which unqualified? If so, it
looks like the way you're qualifying things is broken.

Starting to look like a copy of your config - minus large comment
blocks, unless entirely relevant, and with relevant MySQL DSN details
sanitised - would be a useful thing to see.

Graeme