Re: [exim] Could not complete sender verify callout

Author: Jeremy Harris
To: exim-users @ exim. org
Subject: Re: [exim] Could not complete sender verify callout
wiseas wrote:
> What I want to do, is to configure the server to exclude some domains
> which are not spam-senders.
> How can I accomplish that?
> I've read about sender_verify, sender_verify_hosts *,
> sender_verify_hosts_callback *, sender_verify_callback_domains !
> *.some.domain :* but I don't know where in exim.conf to set them. When
> I restart exim after I add these option I get an error:
>
>>Starting exim-smtps: 2006-03-27 22:50:56 Exim configuration error in
>>line 29 of /etc/exim.conf:
>>main option "sender_verify_callback_domains" unknown
>

> Please tell me how can I exclude some domains from this verification,
> and where in exim.conf to add the new options.

You can create a list, probably a domainlist in this case, with
just about any name. Read the exim spec. - it's on the exim.org
site - for the full syntax. Put the definition of your list
near the top of the exim.conf with the other list definitions,
and comment what you're using it for.

Then add a clause something like
"condition = ${if !match {$sender_address_domain}{+foobar_list}}"

just before the line doing the callout.

( You can do a basic syntax check on a new conf file with
"exim -C exim.conf.new -bV" )

- Jeremy