[exim] Re: HELO verification

Autor: Jerry Stuckle
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [exim] Re: HELO verification
Thanks for the tips, all. Now I have something to look through. And yes, I
know I won't catch all of the bad HELO's, but the more I can catch the less I
have to worry about later.

Also, yes, I am rejecting my own domain name, plus any ip address as the
HELP/EHLO name. You're correct, Tony, this has helped a lot.

I'm actually catching a high percentage of spam already; these are the ones
which get through. But there are a significant number of them.

As for Jakob's comment about never receiving email from certain countries. Yes,
I can verify that 100%. This site happens to be for my own company, which
markets only locally to my area. There would be no valid reason for any of my
employees or me to receive email from these countries.

I'm going to add these filters today to see how they work. I think it will cut
a lot of what I have left.

Thanks again.