Re: [exim] Re: HELO verification

Autor: John W. Baxter
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Re: HELO verification
On 3/25/06 3:29 AM, "Jerry Stuckle" <jerry@???> wrote:

> As for Jakob's comment about never receiving email from certain countries.
> Yes,
> I can verify that 100%. This site happens to be for my own company, which
> markets only locally to my area. There would be no valid reason for any of my
> employees or me to receive email from these countries.

Employee (or family thereof) or local business contact using a local webmail
service while on vacation [or business trip in the case of the contact]?
That's the sort of thing that leads to some of our "surprises". We don't
block countries, but we do enhance the SpamAssassin score of mail from
several.

For an individual, I like pobox.com's approach: a web page where one can
configure from which countries to block mail (or from which to accept mail,
depending on point of view: I forget now whether a filled checkbox means
accept or block). My pobox.com account (for testing) is locked down pretty
tightly in that regard.

--John