[exim] Relay just from my laptop

Author: Jean-Louis Leroy
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Relay just from my laptop
Hello,

I have a laptop that I connect to the internet from various places. I
have a server with a fixed IP address. Both computers run exim4. I'd
like to set up the server so that it accepts to relay only messages
originating from my laptop. And set up the laptop to use the server as
a smart host.

I suspect I can get the effect I want involves authentication. What is
the simples setup that achieves this?

The server runs Debian sarge and has a rather complex template-based
exim.conf. The laptop runs Fedora core 4 and its exim.conf is a lot
more readable IMHO.

I am not even sure that the server supports authentication. I used the
test from chapter 33 from the manual:

ns34130:~# telnet aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd 25
telnet aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd 25
Trying aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd...
Connected to aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 ns34130.ovh.net ESMTP Exim 4.50 Fri, 24 Mar 2006 15:51:54 +0100
ehlo foo.bar
ehlo foo.bar
250-ns34130.ovh.net Hello ns34130.ovh.net [aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd]
250-SIZE 52428800
250-PIPELINING
250-STARTTLS
250 HELP
QUIT
QUIT
221 ns34130.ovh.net closing connection
Connection closed by foreign host.

I have ensured that the smart host configuration works on the laptop
by using my ISP's relay.

Can someone help me finish this up? TIA...
--
Jean-Louis Leroy
Sound Object Logic