Re: [exim] disabling sender verification

Autor: Jakob Hirsch
A: James Barros
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] disabling sender verification
James Barros wrote:

> I've got a mailing list (mailman) set up on a box using exim, and I'm
> trying to have my cvs send it mail from a dhcp'd network. Anyway, the
> address it's sending from is non-existant. (dummy@???)

If you really need to use such an address, don't use one that is under
the authority of some unrelated third party. my.com is an existing
domain and you surely don't want to bother them.

> require verify = sender
> accept domains = +local_domains : my.com
> endpass

That makes no sense. endpass means "if the conditions above are true,
check the conditions below. if they are true, then accept, else deny".

What you want could be done with

deny
! senders = sender@domain
! verify = sender

> then I tried commenting out the whole deal
>
> #require verify = sender
> #accept domains = +local_domains
> #endpass
>
> and I still get a "550 Administrative prohibition"

Are you sure that there's no other "verify = sender" and that you
restarted exim?
Anyway, this is probably not because of sender verification, because the
message would be "550 Sender verify failed". To make sure, you should
run a test session with 'exim -bh ip.of.sending.host'.