Re: [exim] disabling sender verification

Autor: Rafa
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] disabling sender verification
On 3/8/06, James Barros <james@???> wrote:

> unfortunately I don't have control over that part. I just need to
> disable sender verification.
> Thanks though.
> I dont suppose you could point me in the right direction for
> disabling sender verification?
>
> Thanks :)

Could you do a test smtp session?

Find out what IP they are trying to send the mail from (should be in your
logs) and do:

exim -bh aa.bb.cc.dd (replace with the ip address)

then do a mock smtp session by hand (or cut and paste one). This should
help you determine wich ACL is denying the message. This shouldn't
interfere with the normal operation of the server, but as usual, don't do
testing in a production server.

eg:

exim -bh 192.168.0.1
helo dummy.com
mail from: <dummy@???>
rcpt to: <myrecipient@???>    (replace with a valid recipient)

By this point, it's likely that you'll see what ACL test is failing. Maybe
it's not sender verification. I think "Administrative Prohibition" is
exim's generic reject message.

You can end the test session by using "quit" if the ACL hasn't disconnected
you (if it has "drop" instead of "deny")

Another option is to add smtp authentication and add an ACL to always
relay/accept messages from auth sources.

Regards