Re: [exim] disabling sender verification

Autor: James Barros
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] disabling sender verification

> If you really need to use such an address, don't use one that is under
> the authority of some unrelated third party. my.com is an existing
> domain and you surely don't want to bother them.

Sorry, my.com was for demonstration purposes. The actual domain is
our internal testing domain, which is based on a name we're currently
bidding on, and consequently, my incredibly ball crushing nda does
not allow me to reveal that until such time as we own it :\ However,
at that point, addresses will resolve and it will all be a moot issue.

>> require verify = sender
>> accept domains = +local_domains : my.com
>> endpass
>
> That makes no sense. endpass means "if the conditions above are true,
> check the conditions below. if they are true, then accept, else deny".

Ah, ok, Thats what I was missing. For some reason I was thinking
endpass was the end of that verification pass, not end of this
verification thing, pass to the next one. Going over the rest now to
see if I can fix it myself before I continue bugging you guys. :)

> What you want could be done with
>
> deny
> ! senders = sender@domain
> ! verify = sender
>
> Are you sure that there's no other "verify = sender" and that you
> restarted exim?
> Anyway, this is probably not because of sender verification,
> because the
> message would be "550 Sender verify failed". To make sure, you should
> run a test session with 'exim -bh ip.of.sending.host'.

I did restart exim, however, it may have been the host issue. I've
got the immediate situation handled by adding the domain to
localhosts but I'd still like to figgure out how to turn off sender
verification on general principle that I should be able to get the
server to do whatever I want it to. ;)

Thanks again :)

-- James