Re: [exim] Attachment stripping...

Autor: Dennis Davis
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Attachment stripping...
On Fri, 3 Mar 2006, Ruairi Hickey wrote:

> From: Ruairi Hickey <Ruairi.Hickey@???>
> To: exim-users@???
> Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 11:30:24 +0000
> Subject: [exim] Attachment stripping...
>
> Hi,
>      No matter how much we try and educated our users they insist
> on sending very large emails to all staff / student lists (and
> no management as the largest offenders wont allow up put limits
> on the list) . We are considering stripping attachements over
> a specific size and replacing them with a unique URL pointing
> to the file, probaby a hash of the file contents which we could
> auto-expire after 6 months.

> Has anyone done this already in Exim, or do I need to start from
> scratch..

No, but have a look at altermime:

http://www.pldaniels.com/altermime/

which should be useful for stripping out the attachments.  Or at
least a useful starting point.
--
Dennis Davis, BUCS, University of Bath, Bath, BA2 7AY, UK
D.H.Davis@???               Phone: +44 1225 386101