Re: [exim-dev] Changing received_header_text default?

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Tim Jackson
CC: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] Changing received_header_text default?
On Thu, 2 Mar 2006, Tim Jackson wrote:

> FWIW, I must concur with you on that.

Oh good. I happened to be scanning the Wish List after I posted, and I
found this item in the "things that didn't make it into Exim 4" section:

A user would really like to see something similar, perhaps with
"ID=$authenticated_id", similar to "helo=" and "ident=" in the default
received header. BUT there are security issues. Maybe give it as a
commented out option in the default configuration?

So we've been round this loop before... (Not quite sure to what the
"something similar" refers; I think some text got lost.)