Re: [exim-dev] Changing received_header_text default?

Author: David Woodhouse
To: Michael Haardt
CC: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] Changing received_header_text default?
On Wed, 2006-03-01 at 16:13 +0100, Michael Haardt wrote:
> If you view the source, everything should be shown unmodified,
> although I have seen the client evolution showing a "fixed up" message
> when looking at the source without saying a word about it.

Evolution is broken. The formatting of the header may be _syntactically_
irrelevant, but that is no excuse for corrupting it as Evolution does.

The fix for idiocy such as that displayed at
http://david.woodhou.se/evo-ate-my-spam-report.jpeg is not to reformat
the headers, but to fix the mail client so that it doesn't mangle them.

--
dwmw2