Re: [exim-dev] Changing received_header_text default?

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Tony Finch
CC: Michael Haardt, exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] Changing received_header_text default?
On Wed, 1 Mar 2006, Tony Finch wrote:

> I have ${if def:sender_host_authenticated \
>            {($sender_host_authenticated:$authenticated_id) } }\

Thinking some more about this as a possible change to the default, I
have decided that I do not like it, because it may start exposing values
of $authenticated_id to the world that people do not want to be exposed.

If $authenticated_id is likely to be the same as the sender local part,
or at least some other published form of user name (as I assume it is
for Tony), there's probably no issue. But I can imagine situations where
this is not the case, so I think it's too dangerous to make this change.

Philip