Re: [exim] bug (4.60): negative values in maildirsize file?

Author: Arkadiusz Miskiewicz
To: exim-users
CC: Philip Hazel
Subject: Re: [exim] bug (4.60): negative values in maildirsize file?
On Friday 10 February 2006 16:13, Philip Hazel wrote:

> I have now got round to looking at this. On my Linux box, where Exim is
> compiled with -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE, the quota is
> NOT limited to 2G. I have just run a test with quota=3G, and I end up
> with a maildirsize that contains
>
> 3221225472S,0C
> 0 0
> 298 1
>
> So, the question is, what system were you using and how was Exim
> compiled? What I think I'll do is insert a test of the size of off_t
> into the code of Exim, and have it generate an error if you try to set a
> quota > 2G on a 32-bit system.

It's 32bit Linux system with 2.6 kernel. Now I see where the problem could
live - we are overwritting CFLAGS at the compilation time (make CFLAGS=...)
which makes largefile defines stuff disappears.

--
Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz                    PLD/Linux Team
http://www.t17.ds.pwr.wroc.pl/~misiek/  http://ftp.pld-linux.org/