[exim] lsearch

Author: Sergei Gerasenko
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] lsearch
Hi,

I'm running the current stable version of Debian and the packaged
version of Exim 4. I'm switching from 3 and I have this problem with
lsearch that I just can't figure out.

It's a very simple scenario. I want to block hosts that are
listed in a file. The file is in /etc/spam_hosts and has the following
kinds of entries:

IP1:
IP2:

In the ACL for receiving messages, one of the first rules I added was:

deny    message       = Message rejected
        hosts         = lsearch;/etc/spam_hosts

That doesn't work for some reason. However, if I use a literal IP
instead of the lsearch line, the rule works.

What am I missing?

Sorry if this is an FAQ -- I did check the archives and the docs, but didn't find
what I looking for...

Thanks for any ideas!

Sergei