[exim] exim, mysql build

Author: Ronan
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] exim, mysql build
trying to build exim 4.60 on soalris 8 with mysql lookups enabled

i have enabled the following in the Makefile

LOOKUP_MYSQL=yes
# lookup styles (e.g. LDAP, MYSQL or PGSQL). LOOKUP_LIBS is included only on
LOOKUP_INCLUDE=-I/home/local/mysql/include
#/usr/local/ldap/include -I /usr/local/mysql/include -I
/usr/local/pgsql/include
LOOKUP_LIBS=-L/home/local/mysql/lib/mysql/ -lmysqlclient
#usr/local/lib -lldap -llber -lmysqlclient -lpq -lgds

the following error appears in the make
[snip]

awk '{ print ($1+1) }' cnumber.h > cnumber.temp
rm -f cnumber.h; mv cnumber.temp cnumber.h
gcc version.c
rm -f exim
gcc -o exim
mysql_quote                         drtables.o
mysql_open                          drtables.o
mysql_tidy                          drtables.o
mysql_find                          drtables.o
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to exim
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [exim] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/ronan/exim-4.60/build-SunOS5-5.8-sparc'
make: *** [go] Error 2

how can i resolve this?

--
Ronan McGlue