Re: [exim] exim, mysql build

Author: Rodrigo Castro
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] exim, mysql build
On 2/17/06, Ronan <r.mcglue@???> wrote:
> trying to build exim 4.60 on soalris 8 with mysql lookups enabled
>
> i have enabled the following in the Makefile
>
> LOOKUP_MYSQL=yes
> # lookup styles (e.g. LDAP, MYSQL or PGSQL). LOOKUP_LIBS is included only on
> LOOKUP_INCLUDE=-I/home/local/mysql/include
> #/usr/local/ldap/include -I /usr/local/mysql/include -I
> /usr/local/pgsql/include
> LOOKUP_LIBS=-L/home/local/mysql/lib/mysql/ -lmysqlclient
> #usr/local/lib -lldap -llber -lmysqlclient -lpq -lgds
>
> the following error appears in the make
> [snip]
>
> awk '{ print ($1+1) }' cnumber.h > cnumber.temp
> rm -f cnumber.h; mv cnumber.temp cnumber.h
> gcc version.c
> rm -f exim
> gcc -o exim
>   symbol                             in file
> mysql_quote                         drtables.o
> mysql_open                          drtables.o
> mysql_tidy                          drtables.o
> mysql_find                          drtables.o
> ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to exim
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[1]: *** [exim] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/ronan/exim-4.60/build-SunOS5-5.8-sparc'
> make: *** [go] Error 2

> how can i resolve this?

Are you sure, these paths are correct?

LOOKUP_INCLUDE=-I/home/local/mysql/include
LOOKUP_LIBS=-L/home/local/mysql/lib/mysql/ -lmysqlclient

In my case I have:

LOOKUP_INCLUDE=-I/usr/include/mysql/
LOOKUP_LIBS=-L/usr/lib -L/usr/lib/mysql3/mysql -lmysqlclient

How do I know that paths are correct?

Becuase my system installed mysql headers here /usr/include/mysql/
and share libs were installed /usr/lib/mysql3/mysql

Regards