Re: [exim] Exim has stopped sending email

Author: John Hall
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim has stopped sending email
On 2/8/06, Mike Jones <mike.jones@???> wrote:

> However I did notice that the memory usage slowly went down to only 8MB free
> with some swap space being used (The server has 512MB), so I have a feeling
> I'm going to get the same problem at some point.

Be careful how you interpret these figures - Linux will use any spare
RAM as file cache, so the amount of "free" memory is misleading. If
apps need more RAM then the file caches are given up.

I'm running Exim 4.52 with SA 3.1 and Clamav 0.87 on a machine with
only 256MB RAM quite happily, albeit with some careful limitations on
the number of SA child processes.

Cheers,
John