Re: [exim] STARTTLS before EHLO?

Author: Dean Brooks
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] STARTTLS before EHLO?
On Wed, Feb 08, 2006 at 04:44:57AM +0800, W B Hacker wrote:
> > Marc Sherman wrote:
> >
> >This has come up before; if you're going to recommend to random list
> >posters that they configure 587 for tls_on_connect, please warn them
> >explicitly that your configuration is very non-standard.
>
> 'Legacy', perhaps, but not 'non-standard' w/r our use of those
> two ports.

Using tls_on_connect on 465 is legacy. Using it on 587 is non-standard
and most assuredly not legacy.

It's your network, do what you want with it, but I would agree that it
is not good advice to recommend using tls_on_connect for 587 MSA ports
unless there is a specific need for it.

--
Dean Brooks
dean@???