Re: [exim] Online documentation format

Author: Yves Goergen
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Online documentation format
On 02.02.2006 10:29 (+0100), Philip Hazel wrote:
> The software for making the HTML makes it the way it does

Okay, could have been something else, I woke up and it was like before... ;)

> Take a look at the new PDF version; it doesn't have the index around,
> but it does have all the chapter and sections available in a sidebar if
> you read it with acroread, and if you do go to the index, you can then
> jump straight to a page number.

I don't use the chapters so much, it's all about the index, mostly the
list of configuration file options. I found it a little confusing
sometimes where to find what option so I simply looked for it in the
index and found the description and context relatively quickly.

For now I'm still using the 4.5 docs for that, if this becomes a
problem, I'll see what the 4.6 docs look like then. I'm sure I can find
an index somewhere in it, too, imho it's just not - that easy. :)

--
Yves Goergen "LonelyPixel" <nospam.list@???>
"Does the movement of the trees make the wind blow?"