Re: [exim] Online documentation format

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Yves Goergen
CC: Exim-users list
Subject: Re: [exim] Online documentation format
On Wed, 1 Feb 2006, Yves Goergen wrote:

> Is that by intent that the Exim 4.6 documentation on the website doesn't
> use frames anymore like the one of 4.5 did? I found that better to read
> when using the docs as a reference, having the index and all that stuff
> always around.

The new documentation (and, incidentally, I re-released it yesterday --
see my announcement on exim-announce) uses a different process for
production, involving DocBook XML as the source from which all the
output is produced. The software for making the HTML makes it the way it
does; I don't have any control over that. (Having said that, I know that
Nigel is looking into ways of modifying the result.)

Take a look at the new PDF version; it doesn't have the index around,
but it does have all the chapter and sections available in a sidebar if
you read it with acroread, and if you do go to the index, you can then
jump straight to a page number. Download from

ftp://ftp.csx.cam.ac.uk/pub/software/email/exim/exim4/exim-pdf-4.60.tar.gz