Re: [exim] Using a pipe filter to allow or deny a message, b…

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Graeme Fowler
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Using a pipe filter to allow or deny a message, but nothing else.
On Thu, 2 Feb 2006, Graeme Fowler wrote:

> > This is not possible. You cannot use the result of one delivery to
> > control another delivery of the same message.
>
> ...wouldn't it be possible to do this in a DATA or non-SMTP ACL?

Depends what you mean by "this". You certainly can't delivery a message
to a pipe at that point in the same way that a pipe transport works.

> Untested idea follows (Yes, I'm prepared to be shot down here!). Running the
> script either results in a return code of 0 (everything is fine) or the value
> "error" (the user's message is forbidden):

How do you propose that the script "read the message on stdin", which is
what the OP wanted?

Of course, it may be that there are other ways of doing what was
*really* wanted than reading the message that way...