Re: [exim] Using a pipe filter to allow or deny a message, b…

Author: Graeme Fowler
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Using a pipe filter to allow or deny a message, but nothing else.
Hi

On Thu 02 Feb 2006 09:36:53 GMT , Philip Hazel <ph10@???> wrote:
> This is not possible. You cannot use the result of one delivery to
> control another delivery of the same message.

...wouldn't it be possible to do this in a DATA or non-SMTP ACL?

Untested idea follows (Yes, I'm prepared to be shot down here!).
Running the script either results in a return code of 0 (everything is
fine) or the value "error" (the user's message is forbidden):

data_acl:
<some stuff>
deny  message   = This message has been rejected. Please see your manager.
       condition = ${if \
                       eq{${run{/usr/local/symposium/bin/utils/maillimit \
                                    ${authenticated_id}}\
                         }\
                         {error}\
                       {1}\
                       {0}\
                    }
        senders  = +list_of_problem_users # set this elsewhere

Obviously this will fail if the message is locally generated, so you'd
have to frob something up in the non-SMTP ACL to check that.

Unless I'm being very daft, that would do what you want. I could be
being very daft.

Graeme