Re: [exim] Need to generate a "reject" message with correct …

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Kenevel
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [exim] Need to generate a "reject" message with correct headers
Hi there,

I've tried the suggested solution of using VERP but am having no luck
testing it.

I must be doing something wrong as although I can see that the return_path
has been set correctly, in that it has the VERP-mangled local_part, the
failure notification which is returned has none of this information present;
in fact, it only has the sender address. I've tried to tidy up the relevant
log entries for plain-text email:

** notexist@???
    F=<rewrite-michael@???>
    P=<noreply-notexist=targetdomain.co.uk@???>
    R=verp_outbound_router
    T=verp_smtp: SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT
TO:<notexist@???>: host mailserver.targetdomain.co.uk
[xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]: 550 <notexist@???>: Recipient address
rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table

<= <> R=1F4V3W-0003RG-EI =exim P=local S=1816
    T="Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender" from <> for
rewrite-michael@???

** rewrite-michael@???
    F=<>
    P=<>
    R=cyrus_vdom
    T=cyrus_ltcp: SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT
TO:<rewrite-michael@???>: host 127.0.0.1 [127.0.0.1]:
550-Mailbox unknown.  Either there is no mailbox associated with
this\n550-name or you do not have authorization to see it.\n550 5.1.1 User
unknown

I understand that it's a requirement of a bounce message to have a
null-sender field to prevent failure messages from bouncing backward and
forward across the internet. However, I need to be able to identify the
header field which contains the VERP details: which $variable is that saved
in? Judging from the log details, it doesn't seem to have made it back to me
at all.

Cheers

Mike

PS: the FTP link to the VERP text available here
(http://exim.org/exim-html-4.60/doc/html/spec.html/ch44.html#id2685805)
doesn't seem to work for me; Google suggests http://cr.yp.to/proto/verp.txt