Re: [exim] Migration from Exim to MS Exchange

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Mel Riser
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] Migration from Exim to MS Exchange
I'm a recent user of Exim4 for a Mailman install I had
to Migrate from Mac OSX to Debian.

I also run a RH mail system with IMAP and
SquirrellMail interface as WELL as several LARGE
Exchange installations.

Exchange 2003 has some really GOOD points as well as
bad.

IF all you wanted was POP and IMAP, you may be better
off with a *nix system.

However the beauty of Exchange and Outlook is the NOT
THE MAIL!!

it is calendaring, group tasks, as well as integration
with all of Microsoft's products.

MOST of the time the decision of what mail platform is
driven by BUSINESS needs, not what flavor of OS or MTA
the SysAdmin prefers.

I have done some fairly large migrations BOTH ways,
from Exchange to *nix ( using sendmail, qmail, and now
Exim4 ) and from *nix to Exchange.

I'll write up a migration I did in the past to give
you some ideas of a good way to proceed.

about to pop out for lunch and will try and get this
to the list after lunch

mojo+elvis=MELvis